Thursday, May 28, 2009

Erin's Quilt

My cousin Erin's birthday is tomorrow (Happy Birthday Erin!), and since I'm thinking of her I thought I'd post a picture of the quilt "we" made for her wedding.

"We" includes a whole crew of aunts, cousins, sisters, friends, my dad, and Grandma. We all got together and pieced this quilt in a few hours, and we had a great time doing it. It was a surprise, so Erin didn't get to be there, and I feel bad that she missed out on all the fun.

The pattern was called Chocolate Covered Cherries,
so I added cherries in the quilting.
The tag was my favorite part.
(I've altered it to exclude last names).
Even Aunt Anita sewed on this project and
that means a lot because sewing is not her thing!
(we'll convert her... someday)

3 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Beautiful color combination! The cherry quilting is just adorable. Jenn

jaybird said...

great quilt... i made a quilt for my brother when he got married but only my mom and dad helped... i love that you got so many family members to help... quite the keepsake

Anita said...

Fat Chance!