Monday, May 11, 2009

I made it to HMQS

Somehow, between a sick child and my husband spraining his ankle, I managed to sneak up to Salt Lake for the annual Home Machine Quilting Show.

Here's a sample of some of the AMAZING quilting I saw:

I love wholecloth quilts.


This was just plain squares, and the flowers are from the quilting.
I love the variation in the quilting in this one
This is a small sampling of the overall winner.
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the whole quilt...I'm always too busy
taking pictures of the quilting :o)
And this is my very favorite of the day, because it was quilted by Jennifer Pate, who got me started in longarm quilting. I truly learned from one of the very best!

1 comment:

rachel griffith said...

amazing quilting!!!
glad you got to go.

i hope your kiddo feels better soon.
{as well as your hubby's ankle.}