Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Can you believe it's almost July?

I hope everyone's having a good summer! We've taken our first vacation to the Grand Canyon, and are getting ready to go to Washington later this summer.

This is a quick little picnic quilt I made as a bridal shower gift for one of my husband's co-workers.

Since it was just meant to be a picnic quilt, I went "against the rules" and made it out of sheets. I washed the red ones beforehand in HOT water, hoping that the next time it's washed it won't bleed onto the white.

Some friends went in with me on the gift, and we also got a cooler, and some picnic supplies. The quilt looked so cute when it was wrapped up with a gingham ribbon and some fireworks!

3 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

Lovely quilt, such a great gift!

Cami said...

The quilt is so cute! That is a great gift idea.

Leila said...

I wish you were closer. I am working on a King sized quilt for my sisters wedding and I am not sure how I am going to quilt it. I would love to see more pictures of the stuff you quilt. Keep posting. :)